General Manager Container Services
- Dynamic Regional Logistics
- Service Delivery
Located in Wellington, CentrePort is New Zealand’s most strategically situated intermodal hub linking road, rail, domestic and international shipping services. The company facilitates economic growth in regions in the North and South Islands through the provision of safe and efficient cargo movement, and expert supply chain solutions. CentrePort employs 250 staff and generates annual revenues of over $73m. The company is undergoing a comprehensive regeneration programme to create a long term sustainable business. It maintains ongoing investment in safety, people, technology, assets and systems to create a modern port that delivers for its customers and continues to drive economic growth for central New Zealand.
The General Manager Container Services will have accountability for the operational success and ongoing continuous improvement of the container services division, which includes terminal operations, engineering & maintenance, empty depot, CentreRail and satellite sites. Key responsibilities include maintaining quality service delivery, leading health & safety, financial and relationship management, and being an active contributor to the Senior Leadership Team. The role provides leadership to approximately 135 staff and has full P&L responsibility.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- An intimate understanding of port, transport, freight and/or logistics operations.
- Proven commercial business unit management expertise within a complex and busy environment.
- A track record of leadership success and continuous process improvement.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership capability whilst maintaining operational accountability.
- Capable decision making skills with proven ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to drive improved engagement with employees.
- Enthusiasm and resilience, with the ability to challenge, debate and negotiate.
CentrePort prides itself on adding value for its customers, shareholders and the community. This is an exceptional opportunity for an energetic and experienced strategic and operational leader to play a pivotal role within an organisation on a journey to success.
|Visit the CentrePort Wellington website|
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume.