Operations Managers (2)
Ngāi Tahu Farming
- Operational Leadership & Farm Support
- Dairy Management & Grazing Management
- Canterbury, New Zealand
Toitū te Marae o Tāne, Toitū te Marae o Tangaroa, Toitū te Iwi
When Land and Water are Sustained, the People will Prosper
Ngāi Tahu Farming manages over 40,000 ha of farmed land across Te Waipounamu. This includes large scale grazing and beef farms on the Canterbury Plains, and high country stations at the head of Lake Whakatipu. The business has additional extensive forestry operations on the West Coast, Otago and Canterbury. Business activities encompass farm conversion and development; the primary production of forestry seeds, logs, milk and meat; and mining and tourism through leases with third parties. With over 250 staff and contractors, Ngāi Tahu Farming has over $400 million of assets under management.
Both the Operations Manager Dairy and the Operations Manager Grazing will provide leadership and management through working closely with on-farm Managers. The focus is on driving profitability and performance excellence. Key accountabilities include farm operational performance, innovation and improvement, financial results and forecasting, team work, sustainable environmental practice, and health and safety leadership. Working predominantly on-farm, the Operations Managers will help to develop teamwork and will regularly review and monitor farm performance and on-farm decision making.
Applicants will demonstrate the following attributes:
- High degree of practical knowledge in pastoral farming practices.
- Detail focused with special attention to stock and crop management.
- Significant irrigation experience with an ability to achieve consistently high crop yields in a low input system.
- Develop and Implement Farm Environmental Plans (FEPs).
- Proven on-farm leadership across a range of farming systems with an ability to coach junior kaimahi (staff).
- Ability to enhance the performance of a multi-site and large scale farming operation.
- Excellent communication, relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- Experienced in the analysis of data to deliver better on-farm decision making.
- Experienced in planning, selecting and developing staff capability.
- Strong awareness of and affinity for the needs and aspirations of Ngāi Tahu whānui.
- An appreciation of tikanga Māori.
- A commitment to ongoing learning.
Ngāi Tahu Farming’s strategic and operational framework is strongly aligned to the values of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu to deliver economic, social, natural environment and cultural outcomes consistent with the wider aspirations of the iwi.
|Visit the Ngāi Tahu Farming website|
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at email@example.com.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume.