Pasture & Grazing Specialist
Pukaki Flats Farming
- Operations & Development
- Intensive Pasture and Grazing Management
- Large Integrated Farming Development
- Mackenzie District, Canterbury
Pukaki Flats Farming LP at Simons Pass near Lake Pukaki is a 9,600 ha property with 4,500 ha proposed for irrigation. The business is implementing a plan to establish a technically highly sophisticated integrated farming system including dairying, beef and sheep breeding and finishing, as well as the production of all feed requirements for the estimated 90,000 stock units. Investing in state-of-the-art technology and monitoring systems, the business embraces ecological monitoring, landscape sensitive construction, reuse of effluent to pasture, and the production of energy from methane. Deer farming and other systems remain opportunities.
The management of pasture programming and stock grazing all year round is critical to the success of the operation.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this position will be accountable for the achievement of the agreed operational priorities. It will provide leadership in the development and delivery of best-practice intensive farming pasture, grazing and cropping management. Optimisation of pasture quality, improving productivity, maximising production, managing herd feeding, and ensuring effective environmental management are key priorities.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- High level expertise in intensive pasture and grazing management, evidenced by their reputation.
- Likely to have held a leadership role within a large scale intensive farming operation.
- Experience with smart technology and its application to productivity in a major farming setting.
- A focus on the development and delivery of innovative farming systems.
- A reputation as a highly capable team player.
- Sound financial management skills.
The role provides an attractive salary, housing and a vehicle. It provides the opportunity to play a key role within a dynamic, innovative and progressive farming operation in a region offering extensive lifestyle options.
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 8 November 2018.