Chief Executive Officer
New Zealand Apples & Pears
- Stakeholder Engagement & Industry Representation
- Advocacy, Research and Market Access
- Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
NZ Apples & Pears Inc (NZAPI) is a levy-funded organisation that promotes and represents a diverse membership base including growers, post-harvest and marketers of apples, pears and nashi in both the domestic and export markets. The New Zealand pipfruit industry is the most productive in the world. It contributes $1b pa in export revenue and is New Zealand’s second largest horticultural sector. The organisation’s key objectives include developing and promoting access to overseas markets, biosecurity management, funding sector research and development, representing the industry to numerous influential stakeholders, advocacy to Government policy makers, promoting initiatives to address the future sustainability of the industry, and delivering sector learning, communications and networking opportunities.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will ensure NZAPI continues to effectively represent and support the pipfruit sector to create an environment that enables ongoing industry success in an increasingly complex business setting. Key accountabilities for the CEO will include leading and implementing the organisational strategy, maintaining stakeholder relationships, and making influential input to Government policy and legislation. Current critical issues include labour shortages, workforce capability and availability, market access, biosecurity and environmental sustainability. The CEO will inspire staff and stakeholders, maintain a cohesive and productive culture for the benefit of the organisation and the sector, facilitate effective representation of all grower’s and regional interests, and add value to the industry.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated success as a senior executive within a commercial setting with corporate disciplines.
- Proven leadership expertise and the passion to provide astute leadership for a large and dynamic industry organisation.
- Experience with central Government advocacy processes and regulation settings.
- Highly competent stakeholder engagement, relationship, communications including experience dealing with media, and representation skills across a diverse audience.
- The ability to formulate, articulate and implement strategy to benefit the sector and undertake industry-good activities.
- A collaborative and team focused leadership approach and experience working with subject matter experts.
- A passion for the future of the primary sector, R&D investment and the importance of all elements of the sector value chain.
This role provides the opportunity to lead a dynamic industry-representative organisation that is at the heart of New Zealand’s pipfruit sector. Providing leadership, engagement and unity in order to develop and implement effective ways to meet challenges and leverage opportunities is key.
|Visit the NZAPI website|
|View the New Zealand Apple Story|
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume. All applications will be acknowledged via email.