Kiwifruit Vine Health
- The Vision: A Biosecurity Resilient Kiwifruit Industry
- Stakeholder Engagement & Advocacy
- New Zealand’s Pre-eminent Biosecurity Leader
- Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
Kiwifruit Vine Health (KVH)’s mission is to support the New Zealand kiwifruit industry to protect itself from biosecurity threats. KVH manages biosecurity prevention strategies, readiness and response, industry engagement and advocacy, and in partnership with Zespri delivers a world class innovation and research programme. KVH is an industry body, accountable to its members for delivering value through regular grower communication, industry and regulator partnerships, as well as advocacy, thought leadership, innovation and incursion readiness.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will ensure KVH continues to provide strategic biosecurity leadership to positively impact on the ongoing success of the industry. A key focus for the CEO is the implementation of the proposed new Pathway Management Plan, which will make significant impact in the industry’s ability to better manage future potential disease risk and response processes. Maintaining key stakeholder relationships and industry communications, and ensuring the strategic positioning of KVH to best advantage from a biosecurity, research and advisory perspective, make this a stimulating and vital role in a major export sector. The role is based in Mount Maunganui.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Expertise and leadership in biosecurity management.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with growers and associated stakeholders.
- The communication and relationship skills required to provide effective representation and advocacy.
- Familiarity with central Government processes and regulation.
- A passion for the primary sector.
- A collaborative and team work leadership approach.
- A natural curiosity for innovation and new ideas.
This is an opportunity for a progressive, astute and results-focused leader to play a critical role in maintaining a resilient kiwifruit industry.
|Visit the KVH website|
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume. All applications will be acknowledged via email.