General Manager Commercial
- Client Relationships and Business Development
- Strong Growth Business with an Export/Import Focus
- Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay or Auckland Base
Proudly Kiwi-owned since 1975, Genera is leader in the development and delivery of biosecurity services to protect New Zealand and Australian borders from disease incursion. Employing approximately 200 staff across New Zealand, Australia, South East Asia and the Pacific, Genera plays a vital role in preserving our unique biodiversity whilst enabling international trade, exports and the economy to thrive. They offer a comprehensive range of treatment options and advice. With a focus on continual improvement, Genera proactively embraces the need to introduce alternative treatment solutions to meet the demands of clients, regulators and environmental bodies.
The GM Commercial will be responsible for maintaining effective customer relationships and seeking new business. The role will ensure the provision of quality services, managing contracts and negotiations, and developing and delivering a business development strategy to meet company objectives for the New Zealand business. The appointee will proactively contribute to business leadership and strategy as a member of the senior leadership team and will forge strong relationships with key customers, stakeholders and suppliers. Leading customer services, supply/procurement and biosecurity staff, as well as the business development functions of the business, the role provides a high level of autonomy and accountability. The Head Office is in Tauranga; however, the role may be based anywhere across the Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay or Auckland regions.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Business development experience within the primary, manufacturing, logistics or similar sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Well-developed contract review, negotiation and management skills, including costing and margin analysis.
- Proven ability to identity, develop and negotiate new business initiatives and opportunities.
- An understanding of working within a highly regulated sector and the associated compliance processes.
- Initiative, drive, energy and the proven ability to work autonomously.
This is a rare opportunity for a highly motivated and results-focused commercial leader and business developer to play a critical role in the ongoing growth and development of this family-owned and well-resourced business. It will appeal to those who are passionate about business growth, delivering value to world trade and working within a dynamic growth sector.
|Visit the Genera website|
|Download the draft Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume. All applications will be acknowledged via email.