Engineering Planning & Operations Support Manager
Rangitata Diversion Race Management Ltd (RDRML)
- Putting Water to Work for Mid-Canterbury
- Engineering, Planning and Asset Management
- Ashburton, New Zealand
Evolving from a dream of foresighted politicians, engineers and the pioneering farmers in Mid-Canterbury, the Rangitata Diversion Race (RDR) was completed in 1944 and is New Zealand’s largest scheme of its kind with assets of $500 million. Regarded as one of the most imaginative engineering feats in the world at the time, the RDR consists of 67km of canal that provides water supply to Mid-Canterbury Irrigation Schemes, two hydro power stations and the regional stock water system. Operated essentially as a co-operative, all the shareholders of Rangitata Diversion Race Management Ltd (RDRML) are also its customers. There is ongoing investment in the asset to ensure its sustainability for generations to come.
The Engineering Planning & Operations Support Manager is a newly created role that will support the CEO in the development and delivery of strategic and operational management of the business. Key accountabilities will include asset management, operations planning and oversight, risk management, project and contract management, and compliance management. The appointee will contribute timely, innovative and accurate information to enable effective business decision making.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Experience in an engineering role, ideally with infrastructure, asset management and project management expertise.
- A knowledge of project and contract review and management, including consenting processes.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee operational efficiency and use of resources.
- Proven report writing, business technology and data analysis skills.
- Exceptional problem solving, prioritisation and multi-tasking ability.
- Initiative, quick-thinking and an action orientation.
This is a rare opportunity to join a small business with a ‘can do’ reputation in a role that provides broad involvement in both strategic and operational leadership and service delivery. An understanding of the value of water and ensuring the long term sustainability of its supply is essential.
Visit the RDRML website (note this is currently being redeveloped)
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume. All applications will be acknowledged via email.