General Manager Farming & Forestry
Ngāi Tahu Farming
- Leadership, Strategy and Delivery
- Long Term Sustainability and Commercial Prosperity
- Christchurch, New Zealand
Toitū te Marae o Tāne, Toitū te Marae o Tangaroa, Toitū te Iwi
When land and water are sustained, the people will prosper
On behalf of Ngāi Tahu whānau, Ngāi Tahu Farming & Forestry manages over 100,000 ha of farm and forestry land across Te Waipounamu. The timber, meat, milk and other products are processed for local and export markets. Producing sustainable products in line with Ngāi Tahu values and modelling sustainable practices that lift the bar for all farming and forestry operations across Aotearoa are strategic priorities.
The GM Farming & Forestry will deliver strategic leadership for Ngāi Tahu Farming & Forestry, delivering increased value, and building a strong economic, social and cultural base for Ngāi Tahu whānui. The role will lead the focus on new ways of working that leave a lighter footprint on the environment, encourage better farming and forestry practices, and build cultural confidence and career pathways.
Reporting to the Manahautū Te Whano (Chief Operating Officer), the GM Farming & Forestry will lead a highly competent and engaged team that is innovative, future-focused and committed to Ngāi Tahu values. Developing and delivering strategies that achieve the intergenerational aspirations of mana whenua, balancing economic and sustainability imperatives, leading a farm scale regenerative farming trial, and building strong industry, shareholder, mana whenua and stakeholder relationships are key priorities.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated agribusiness leadership and sector credibility.
- Proven ability to develop and lead high performing teams.
- Success in building and maintaining relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven commercial acumen within a complex corporate organisation and financial structures.
- A commitment to prosperity through sustainable water, nutrient and land use practices.
- An appreciation of tikanga Māori, learning and embracing a bi-cultural environment.
|Visit the Ngāi Tahu Farming website|
|Download a Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing on +64 21 350 444 or Lynell Bell on +64 3 377 7793 or via email at email@example.com.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume. All applications will be acknowledged via email.