Head of Operations
Celebrating Canterbury, discovering the world. For us and our children after us.
Waitaha-kōawa-rau, ka whakanuia; Te-ao-whānui, ka tūhuratia. Mā tātou ko ngā uri e whai ake nei.
Operating for over 150 years, Canterbury Museum acquires and cares for worldwide collections of human and natural history, with a focus on Canterbury and the Antarctic. The Museum has recently partnered with the Ravenscar Trust to display the Ravenscar collection of art, design and antiquities. Access to the Museum’s collections drives research, inspires learning and ignites imagination through stories that surprise and delight over 750,000 Museum visitors each year. Planning is underway for redevelopment of the Museum’s facilities.
Playing a key role within the senior leadership team and leading a team of 14 FTEs at present, the Head of Operations will be accountable for financial and treasury, security, risk, IT, facilities (4 sites) and retail services. They will also have oversight, with the Director, of project management, Board support, and HR functions.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Commercial acumen with an understanding of modern management practices.
- Proven financial management expertise with an understanding of business technology systems and innovations.
- Project management experience.
- A reputation for inclusive and decisive leadership, with a focus on accountability and achievement.
- A commitment to New Zealand’s cultural heritage and Tikanga Māori.
- Effective relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- A finance/accounting qualification, or equivalent, is preferred.
|Visit the Canterbury Museum website|
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume.