Pan Pac Forestry Products (Otago) Ltd
- Full Site Accountability Leadership Role
- LEAN Manufacturing Focus
- Timber Industry, Milburn, Otago
Pan Pac are New Zealand’s industry leading specialists in sustainable radiata pine products. For over forty-five years, the business has been growing, processing and delivering quality radiata products to international markets. Over the years, technology has continuously advanced, enabling the business to be more efficient across the entire supply chain. Pan Pac Forest Products (Otago) Ltd has a modern small log sawmill and drymill line, and is a fully owned subsidiary of Pan Pac Forest Products Ltd based in the Hawkes Bay.
Reporting to the North Island based General Manager, the Operations Manager will be accountable for meeting production targets and providing leadership and onsite decision making to Pan Pac Forest Products (Otago) Ltd based in Milburn. The Milburn site has the capacity to produce up to 100,000m3 pa of green sawn timber and employs approximately thirty-six staff.
Contributing to the development of strategic objectives, the Operations Manager will manage all aspects of the Milburn operation including people and culture leadership, health, safety and environmental management, cost and production management, reporting and compliance, and stakeholder engagement and relationships. Pan Pac is committed to continuous improvement, ensuring the development of its people, and has ongoing plans for further expansion of the plant.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Proven business leadership experience within a LEAN manufacturing environment.
- A proven leader in health, safety and environmental management.
- Demonstrated success in providing engaged team leadership.
- Experience in maintenance planning for operational plant and machinery.
- Sound judgement and a record of achieving challenging business targets.
- The leadership and business acumen to manage an autonomous operation.
- An understanding of sawmilling, lumber or wood product manufacture would be advantageous.
The role will be attractive to self-motivated and forward thinking leaders with exceptional team building skills. It offers autonomy combined with the support of a national support structure. The appointee will enjoy the lifestyle offerings of the Otago region and Dunedin City.
|Visit the Pan Pac Forestry Products website|
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume.