- A Leader of Leaders
- Health & Safety, Process Improvement, Productivity
- Dunedin, New Zealand
Port Otago is the primary export port for the lower South Island of New Zealand. It operates two wharf systems, Port Chalmers and Dunedin, both within the Otago Harbour. Proximity to major export production in the region and the harbour’s strategic location for vessel rotation to and from deep-sea destinations make Port Otago a key link in the international supply chain. Port Otago staff take pride in their levels of customer service and careful cargo handling.
Reporting to the GM Operations, the Operations Manager will play a pivotal role in the leadership and development of the Container Terminal Operations Team of up to 100 staff. The role will ensure the delivery of safe operation of vessel exchange and terminal yard container activity. Key focuses will include ensuring high standards of health and safety in work practices, leading a strong culture of operational performance and accountability, and supporting the development of quality medium and long term planning and strategy. Ensuring delivery to best practice methodologies and managing the effective utilisation of resources is also a focus.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Leadership experience within a complex, highly regulated and fast paced 24/7 setting.
- A strong focus on and personal commitment to health, safety and environmental management.
- Proven ability to develop leadership capability and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to improve resource utilisation and utilise data for decision making.
- A track record of leading operational improvement and best practice.
- Enthusiasm and resilience with the ability to challenge, debate and negotiate.
The role is based in Dunedin, the gateway to Otago. The region offers an array of urban and rural lifestyle options, leisure and activity opportunities and a diversity of arts and cultural activities.
|Visit the Port Otago website|
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume.