- Well-established Sawmilling and Forestry Business
- Domestic Timber Market Growth Focus
Craigpine Timber Limited is a long-standing, privately owned processor and exporter of timber based products from renewable plantations in Southland and the first company in Australasia to get FSC certification. The company was established in 1923 and today owns about 2,500 hectares of forestry plantations, ensuring consistent and ongoing supplies. The company owns one of the most technologically advanced sawmilling and timber treatment plants in New Zealand.
Employing 120 staff, Craigpine Timber is continually upgrading its plant and equipment to encompass modern technologies. It is known for its consistently high quality of sawn timber production, long standing customer relationships and capable and stable workforce. With well-established export markets, strong Craigpine brand recognition, and an active local and national building sector, the company is well positioned to expand in local markets.
The Chief Executive is accountable to the Board for the overall performance of the company. The ongoing development of Craigpine Timber’s people, operational efficiency, market development, forward planning and negotiations, and investment planning are all elements critical to success in this role.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Senior commercial leadership experience in timber processing or sales, or from within other manufacturing sectors.
- High level leadership skills with proven ability to shape a cohesive team and business culture within a non-corporate environment.
- A reputation as a strong team player and relationship builder.
- A proven track record of interpreting and responding to market trends.
- Skills in introducing new initiatives whilst maintaining core business stability and sustainability.
- Motivated by the accountability and independence of a private company CEO role.
This is a broadly based CEO role offering those with relevant commercial experience the opportunity to work across all aspects of the business.
The location offers a range of high quality accessible outdoor and recreational opportunities being close to lakes, rivers, mountains, the sea, fiords, scenery, food, wine, Central Otago and numerous other features that city folk can only dream of!
|Visit the Craigpine Timber website|
|View information about Southland, New Zealand|
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume.