Chief Executive Officer
Rangitata Diversion Race Management Ltd
- Major Rural Water Infrastructure Development
- Ashburton, Mid-Canterbury, New Zealand
Rangitata Diversion Race Management Ltd (RDRML) manages a major infrastructure asset that supplies irrigation schemes, hydro-electric power stations and stock water race systems. The Rangitata Race is 67km long and was opened in 1945, with further developments including a new fish screen, the application of technology and ongoing investment in new infrastructure. Current assets are valued at in excess of $500m and water is supplied through other ownership structures to between 400 and 500 farms. There is a consent for a further large storage dam.
The CEO is accountable for developing and implementing strategy to ensure that RDRML maintains its ability to provide a reliable and cost effective water supply to its customers to meet their present and future needs. A priority for the role will be the review of the long term strategy, continuing to build and maintain effective relationships with shareholders and other key stakeholders, ensuring effective infrastructure/asset management, ensuring quality customer service, and providing leadership to staff and contractors. Developing and maintaining constructive relationships with local and central Government is key. The CEO will be immersed in the consenting, design, funding and contract management processes for further expansion of the infrastructure assets.
Applicants will demonstrate the following attributes:
- An affinity for the use of water for commercial outcomes.
- Preferably experience in infrastructure, asset management, engineering or consenting.
- An effective relationship builder who is skilled at managing diverse stakeholder expectations.
- Exceptional communication skills with proven ability to influence locally, regionally and nationally.
- Commercial astuteness with highly developed strategic, planning and financial skills.
- The experience and competence to manage with a high degree of independence, autonomy and accountability.
This diverse role will suit experienced executives who are adaptable and proficient at working across all aspects of a business.
Mid-Canterbury provides a range of rural and urban lifestyle offerings. The region has a backdrop of snow-capped mountains bordered by impressive braided rivers and crystal clear lakes. Ashburton is a well-resourced town servicing the region.
|Visit the RDRML website|
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume.