Waimakariri Irrigation Ltd
- Commercial Governance Experience
- Expertise in Infrastructure Consenting Processes
- Primary Sector Knowledge
Waimakariri Irrigation Ltd (WIL) is a shareholder-owned co-operative that holds resource consents to take and use water from the Waimakariri River to irrigate land across the district. Providing added-value services to approximately 200 farmer shareholders, WIL has nearly 250km of irrigation race covering land between the Waimakariri and Ashley Rivers. A major storage project to ensure water supply for irrigation is available during drought periods is nearing the end of the consent process.
The organisation’s purpose is to manage productive water use within the Waimakariri zone in an economic and environmentally sustainable manner, utilising best practice and leading technologies, to ensure that shareholders can farm sustainable and profitably in harmony with the wider community.
We are seeking an individual with proven governance experience and an understanding of and empathy for the primary sector, to join the Board as a shareholder-appointed Director.
Key attributes sought in the new Director include:
- Significant governance experience, including Board leadership.
- Experience in both implementing and managing large infrastructure projects.
- An understanding of environmental sustainability as it impacts the primary sector.
- An affinity for the primary sector.
- A reputation as a strategic and innovative contributor with high integrity.
|Visit the Waimakariri Irrigation Ltd website|
|Download the Director Profile|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries and expressions of interest can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at email@example.com.
Expressions of interest for this role should include a cover letter and governance resume.