General Manager Farming
Ngai Tahu Farming
- Strategy and Farming Systems Expertise
- Shaping Teamwork and Performance
- Christchurch, New Zealand
Toitū te Marae o Tāne, Toitū te Marae o Tangaroa, Toitū te Iwi
When Land and Water are Sustained, the People will Prosper
Ngāi Tahu Farming manages over 40,000 ha of farmed land across Te Waipounamu. This includes large scale grazing and beef farms on the Canterbury Plains, and high country stations at the head of Lake Whakatipu. The business has additional extensive forestry operations on the West Coast, Otago and Canterbury. Business activities encompass farm conversion and development; the primary production of forestry seeds, logs, milk and meat; and mining and tourism through leases with third parties. With over 250 staff and contractors, Ngāi Tahu Farming has over $400 million of assets under management.
The General Manager Farming reports directly to the CEO and is part of the Kaiahukō (leadership team). This is a newly formed role accountable for driving strategy and operations to improve profitability, performance and organisational culture. Key areas of responsibility will include farming operations and support (dairy and beef), agribusiness information systems support, business innovation and development, financial management, people and team leadership, and environmental and health & safety leadership. The role will also lead the selective gathering and analysis of data to deliver better strategic and on-farm decision making.
Applicants will demonstrate the following attributes:
- High degree of business acumen and proven ability to navigate the challenges faced in agriculture.
- Ability to collaborate in a cohesive team.
- Proven experience managing resources to yield high utilisation.
- Demonstrated agribusiness leadership and knowledge of farming systems.
- Highly developed financial, business planning/modelling and analytical skills.
- A commitment to prosperity through sustainable water, nutrient and land use practices.
- Proven ability to develop high performing teams, develop an inclusive culture and surpass industry production benchmarks.
- Excellent communication, presentation, relationship and engagement skills.
- Strong awareness of and affinity for the needs and aspirations of Ngāi Tahu whānui.
- An appreciation of tikanga Māori.
- A relevant agribusiness tertiary qualification.
Ngāi Tahu Farming’s strategic and operational framework is strongly aligned to the values of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu to deliver economic, social, natural environment and cultural outcomes consistent with the wider aspirations of the iwi.
|Visit the Ngāi Tahu Farming website|
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at email@example.com.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume.