North Otago Irrigation Company
- Creating strong farms and thriving communities through environmentally sustainable irrigation
- Waitaki District – thriving economy and achievable quality lifestyle
North Otago Irrigation Company (NOIC) operates and maintains the infrastructure required to deliver irrigation and stock water reliably from the Waitaki River to the farmlands of the Waiareka and Kakanui valleys and their sub catchments. The state-of-the-art scheme provides pressurised water to 20,000 hectares through an extensive underground network. The scheme has positively changed the economic possibilities and community development in one of New Zealand’s most drought prone regions. The office is based in Oamaru.
Reporting to the Board, the General Manager will provide strategic leadership and management to the organisation, ensuring NOIC delivers to its financial, shareholder and strategic priorities. Embracing NOIC’s mission to deliver cost effective and reliable water with social responsibility and environmental leadership is the goal. The role will involve farmer and community communication and engagement, ensuring the efficient operation of a large and complex irrigation infrastructure, delivering to customer service and financial goals, and providing confidence in the environmental responsibility of the scheme and its customers. This is a diverse and stimulating role supported by a team with appropriate technical expertise and a commitment to the local community.
The General Manager will have demonstrated success in building relationships with a broad range of agri sector networks, combined with expertise in infrastructure, asset management and operations.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Proven leadership and communication skills with the ability to develop cohesive and effective teams.
- The ability to build effective relationships with farmer shareholders, prospective shareholders, community and other stakeholder groups.
- Proven commercial astuteness with experience in infrastructure and/or asset management.
- The level of financial and negotiation skills to plan and deliver to complex initiatives.
- A working knowledge of resource management processes and an understanding of water use in New Zealand.
- An affinity for the rural sector and the desire to integrate fully into the North Otago community.
For those with a passion and vision for the agri sector and an interest in the lifestyle offering of the North Otago region, this role provides a leadership opportunity within a growing and sustainable business.
Oamaru was named NZ’s Coolest Town in the 2014 Lonely Planet Guide. The town and the Waitaki District offer an extensive and accessible range of outdoor activities including lakes, rivers, mountains and trails, as well as culture, arts, heritage, architecture, housing, education and food to name but a few. The community lifestyle options are the envy of any city.
|Visit North Otago Irrigation Company website|
|Information about the Waitaki District|
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at email@example.com.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume.