- Dynamic Regional Logistics
- Business Development
Located in Wellington, CentrePort is New Zealand’s most strategically situated intermodal hub linking road, rail, domestic and international shipping services. The company facilitates economic growth in regions in the North and South Islands through the provision of safe and efficient cargo movement, and expert supply chain solutions. CentrePort employs 250 staff and generates annual revenues of over $73m. The company is undergoing a comprehensive regeneration programme to create a long term sustainable business. It maintains ongoing investment in people, technology, assets and systems to create a modern port that delivers for its customers and continues to drive economic growth.
The General Manager Break Bulk will have accountability for the strategic business development and growth of the break bulk division, which includes the development of road/rail hubs, logs and other bulk cargo, marine and cruise services, and security. They will proactively manage new and existing customers, joint ventures and partnership opportunities, ensuring customer needs are met whilst maintaining profitability. Key responsibilities also include leading health & safety, service delivery initiatives, full P&L management, and being an active contributor to the Senior Leadership Team. The role provides leadership to 60 staff and has full P&L responsibility.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Commercial business unit management expertise within a complex and busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow business and build customer relationships.
- A track record of leadership success and developing innovative work practices.
- An understanding of freight, logistics or supply chain processes.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership capability whilst maintaining operational accountability.
- Capable decision making skills with proven ability to work autonomously.
- Robustness and resilience, with the ability to challenge, debate and negotiate.
CentrePort prides itself on adding value for its customers, shareholders and the community. This is an exceptional opportunity for a robust and experienced strategic and operational leader to play a pivotal role within an organisation on a journey.
|Visit CentrePort's website|
|Download the Position Description|
|Register Interest Online for this Position|
|Email the EQI Global Consultant|
|Phone the EQI Global Consultant|
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at email@example.com.
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and resume.